Jorgensen Family :)

Jorgensen Family :)

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Recipes

I know everyone has been sharing some of their favorite recipes, and I'm totally IN!  I LOVE to cook, and I LOVE a good recipe.  This summer, while my cousins were down from Idaho, we had a BBQ, and the food was great!  I'm posting these for my Aunt Diane, and CharRee & Darrin.  I've been meaning to get these to you!  Hope you enjoy!  But of course, they are for anyone reading my blog :)

CRAISINS SALAD  (everytime I make this, people rave, and want the recipe)! 

CRAISINS SALAD
1 Head Red Leaf Lettuce
1 Head Green Leaf Lettuce
1 Head Iceberg Lettuce
1 80z Pkg. Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 80z Pkg. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 lb. Bacon, cooked and crumbled    
1 80z Pkg. Craisins
1 Cup Sliced Almonds, toasted
1 Recipe Craisins Salad Dressing (see below)

CRAISINS SALAD DRESSING
1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Red Onion, chopped
1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
2 Tsp. Mustard
1 Cup Salad Oil

In blender mix all ingredients, except oil.
Add oil and blend again.


COOKIE SALAD (from Wendover)

2 Large Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 Cups Buttermilk

Mix together.

Add 160z. Cool Whip.
If too thick, you can add more buttermilk 
or some of the juice drained from the fruit.

Add 
1 Can Fruit Cocktail (drained)
3 Cans Mandarin Oranges (drained)
3 Banana's
10 Pecan Sandies Cookies (broken in pieces)


2 comments:

Hoggards said...

mmm....Those sound yummy!

Martindale 5 said...

Thanks for the recipes. I'm sure they were posted for everyone but I feel like since I went back for thirds when we had it it might be ment for me:) love ya, Natalie